Tuesday 5 May 2015

May Ultra Running Tip - social, competative, weekend runners, all runners

Don't spend too long at the aid stations as you can lose your groove and focus. I time how long I spend at aid stations over each ultra and the results are astonishing. Time goes by fast and it can make a big difference to your time.You can waste a lot of time. Stay in the focus.

I might not be the fastest runner in the races I go into though my less time at aid stations helped me when racing in the USA in 2014.

In the Ultra Race of Champions 100 km Mountain race in the US, the times were tight between 4,5,6 places (I was 5th). I spent a total of 2 mins, 20 secs at the aid stations. (the vomiting is a different story though the altitutde got to me).

When I ran 80km on Sunday I spend 1 min, 20 secs at my own aid station and toilet - its isn't very long.

When I ran the Tararewa 50km breaking my hand at 20 km, and continuing I spent under a minute the whole race at aid stations.

I feel that sharing information helps me succeed in my own running.  Thank you for the support on my page

No comments:

Post a Comment