Friday 29 May 2015

Michelle Hansen and Jennie Nicholson

In March and April this year I ran a running boot camp in Christchurch following the Lydiad style training and my own training through my experience in competitive aerobics.

Part of the training involved hill sprints, sprinting on the flat and other relevant running excercies such as squats and lunges, prone planks. It gave me immense satisfaction to see two highly motivated individuals who are racing the Christchurch marathon - Jennie Nicholson and Michelle Hansen. Both had their own training regime plus the boot camp.

 I have never seen such determination and dedication to improvement. I watched both, improve over the 13 sessions and feel that this boot camp will assist them as they line up in the Christchurch marathon. This boot camp was a trial for me to see if this is definitely what I want to do with my career, and it confirmed that it is and my website Endurance Athlete was born - or will be at the end of next week.
Through the boot camp Michelle got a PB for the KM and mile and Jennie stormed to an 8th place finish in her category at the St Claire Half marathon in a time of 1 hour 45, 50 secs. This should give both confidence that they can have a great race tomorrow.

If you are reading this Michelle and Jennie, have a great race and think back to our high intense 13 sessions plus your own training, I hope that taper has gone well.

I hope that others of you can join me if I do another boot camp, as I know that I can get results for others too.

Happy running.

No comments:

Post a Comment